- Navigate to School Website > Website Management > Websites
- Click the Blue "+" Icon next to the search box
- Name the site. This is for naming within the software and should not be the URL. Example: Summer Gala.
- Select a site status. The Statuses and their definitions are:
- Staging - accessible through URL but invisible to search engines and crawlers
- Offline - only accessible when logged into the software
- Click Site Settings to see more details
- If Staging is Selected, the staging URL will be in the following format: SITENAME.SCHOOLNAME.onmessagestaging.com
The staging URL can be used to access the site without creating any DNS/CNAME entries.
SITENAME = The site name in Red can be any single word or number but must be unique to all other sites (this is the name input when creating the site as shown in step 2)
SCHOOLNAME : Your school name will be the part in front of “myschoolapp.com”. For example, if your school URL is https://www.k12school.org, your school name would be “K12School”.
5. When you are ready to make the site accessible using your new site URL (i.e. change from Staging or Offline, to Live):
a) Add the URL you would like to use as the new site URL via School Website > Websites > Edit site > Site Settings
b) Click the Editing Pencil for the Site URL and input the URL such as summergala.k12school.org
c) Open a ticket with our support team letting them know you have a new site in onMessage ready to go live and that you are requesting a SSL certificate to be issued for the domain. Note: The changes to the DNS must be completed before an SSL Certificate can be issued for the domain
d) Follow our guide, How do I Make DNS Changes for My School Website, to create the appropriate DNS entries.