- To become familiar with the Direct Debit/ACH process, watch this 3 minute video detailing the set up of the process first: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thPMmvfYUHA
- Please note that unlike the credit card processing option for recurring gifts (see related video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4nig1sGn7I), Blackbaud Payment Services is not involved in the processing of these payments. Altru prepares a transmission file that users can download, and send to their bank for processing.
- The next step is to contact the organization's banking institution to ensure that they are set up to process ACH/Direct Debit/EFT payments for the organization.
- When contacting the bank, EFT information must be set up in Financials > Manage bank accounts. Click on the hyperlink of the associated account and click Add EFT information under Tasks. Please note that the blue question mark can be used to help fill in these fields. Typically, both the Immediate destination field and the Immediate origin field are the same, and are typically the 9-digit routing number for the bank account.
- The Direct Debit process can be set up to run on a job schedule, like the credit card process; however, the transmission file is not automatically sent to the bank. Users must manually download the transmission file and send it to their bank. See where the transmission file can be downloaded here
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.