To successfully import multiple of the same phone type onto a record, the Business Rule must be updated to allow the import to go through without exceptions.
- Go to Config> Business Rules
- Under Constituent options, highlight Phone/email options
- Under the When saving a record with duplicate phone types section..., select either: Display warning or Save record anyway
- Under the When saving a record with duplicate email types section..., select either: Display warning or Save record anyway
If import exception continues after making this change under the Business Rules, please confirm the following:
- If importing the exact same phone number or email address and type onto a constituent record, we will always see this Import Exception.
- If importing Blank phone numbers/emails, we can only import one blank phone number/email address per the Phone Type. For example, when importing a new blank email address with the phone type of Email, if an existing Email type is on the record with a blank email address, we will see the exception.
- Enter a different Phone Type on the import file
- Export the existing Phone Type, Phone Number, and Phone Import ID to be added to the import.
- Delete the existing phone number/type on the Constituent record so the duplicate can be successfully imported
- If importing new phone numbers onto the record but have the exact same number and phone type on the record, export the Phone Import ID (PhoneImpID) for this phone type to update the existing record.
- This issue can also be seen when saving a record outside the import. If a user enters the exact same phone number and phone type on the record, an error will occur when saving due to the duplicate numbers or emails with the same type. When saving records, we will see the Error: A duplicate phone number and phone type exists. Remove the duplicate to save the record.