1. Add a new user record for the parent
2. Remove the parent relationship from the candidate:
- Go to Core > Users/Access > Profile > Edit User Profile Data.
- Search for and click on the name of the candidate to enter the candidate's profile.
- In the Relationships channel under Parent(s), the candidate appears as a parent because the merge replaced the parent with the candidate and made the candidate a parent to themselves. Click Delete next to the candidate's name to remove the parent role.
- Click Confirm.