- Login to The Raiser's Edge
- Go to the Connect Raiser's Edge plugin
- Click the Gear icon on the top right of the page to view the settings
- Under the Parents section you will see the option to translate relationships
- Login to the Core
- People Finder > select record
- Contact Card
- In the General Information channel, note Gender is not listed due to no gender being selected for the user.
If the Gender field is not selected in the Core profile, the system will default to the standard/non-gender settings and create a new relationship on the record.
Original Relationship = Grandmother/Grandson
Transferred Relationship with no Gender bias = Grandparent/Grandchild
Constituent relationships types in Raiser's Edge are not equal to the relationship types in Core
Core records have a short list of relationship types that are available and are not editable.
Raiser's Edge relationships can be defined by the user in Config
If the relationship types in Raisers Edge are not possible/included in Core upon Sync a duplicate relationship will be added to the Raiser's Edge record
Core Record relationship: Spouse / Partner
Raiser's Edge relationship: Husband / Wife
After sync, a "duplicate" relationship of Spouse / Partner will be added to the constituent record in Raiser's Edge