- Open the record of the constituent you would like to track communication for.
- Go to the Documentation and Interactions Tab
- Click the Interactions Sub-tab
- Under Interactions, click Add. The Add an interaction screen appears.
- In the Summary field, enter a short summary to help identify and describe the objective of the interaction.
- In the Status field, select whether the interaction is pending, complete, declined, or canceled.
- In the Owner field, search for the owner who is responsible for performing the interaction.
- If your organization uses categories to identify the objective of the interaction, select the applicable categories in the Category and Subcategory fields.
- In the Expected date field, select the date on which the owner expects to perform the action. If the interaction is completed, record the date in the Actual date field.
- In the Contact method field, select how the interaction owner contacts the constituent. For example: Phone, Email, or Meeting.
- If the interaction occurs at an event, select the event in the Event field.
- Under Comment, enter any comments or additional information about the interaction.
- If the interaction involves any additional constituents, under Participants, select the constituents involved. For example, if a constituent informs you that his wife is also interested in meeting, you could add his wife as a participant.
- Click Save to save your interaction.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.