The Update FIMS Macros utility automatically copies the latest macro files into the appropriate location on your workstation. If you are on HostNet and use the hosted version of Word, then running this utility will place the FIMS Macros in your hosted version of Word rather than your locally installed version of Word:
- Close Microsoft Word.
- In FIMS, select Tools / Update FIMS Macros .
- A message window opens to explain what the utility will do and ask if you want to continue.
- Click Yes .
If you receive an error that tells you the macro has been added to the Disabled List, you can clear it from the disabled list by doing the following:
2. They should now be available for you when you reopen MS Word
3. If there are no macros available, then you may need to add them manually. Save the attached file in the Microsoft Word Startup folder. The path is C:\Users\[username]\appdata\roaming\microsoft\word\startup. Be sure to save it as a .dot file. If it downloads to your computer with a .doc extension, re-name to .dot; FIMS_Mac.dot.
4. In Word, go to the File tab and then go down to Options.
5. Select Add-ins and at the bottom of the window, change the Manage drop down to Disabled Items and click Go. Find FIMS_Mac.dot in the list and click Enable.