To add an amendment in Records:
- Open the recurring gift record.
- Select the Transactions tab and check the 'Next transaction due' at the bottom right of this tab to ensure the transactions / payments are up to date. Amendments cannot be post-dated. For example, if changing the gift amount and this change should start in December then the November transaction / payments should be processed before the Amendment is added, otherwise outstanding transactions will be skipped.
- Select the Amendments tab and click New Amendment. The New Amendment screen appears.
- The Amendment date defaults to the current date and cannot fall before the Starting On date, as seen on the amendment's Schedule screen.
- Enter any changes to the gift subtype, amount, schedule, campaign, fund, appeal, solicitor, acknowledgement status, or letter, and any notes explaining the amendment.
- Select the Split Gift tab to make changes as needed.
- Click Save and Close.
Note: After saving an amendment to a recurring gift, all other changes to Campaign, Fund, Gift Date, Gift Amount, Gift Type, and Acknowledge must be made as amendments on the amendments tab.