Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.Pre-Installation Checklist
- The Education Edge or the Blackbaud Student Information Systems client components must be installed on the Web server before you can install or update NetClassroom.
- NetClassroom must be on the same version as the client software. The latest version is available from the Downloads page.
- If you are using Faculty Access for the Web, this must also be on the same version, updates are available on the Downloads page.
- NetClassroom requires a dedicated Web server with either Windows Sever 2003 and IIS 6, Windows Server 2008/Windows Server 2008 R2 and IIS 7 (only for version 7.77 and higher) or Windows Server 2012/Windows Server 2012 R2 and IIS 8/IIS 8.5 (also for version 7.77 and higher). We recommend that you do not run NetClassroom on the same web server as Faculty Access for the Web or WebPurchasing.
- Close all Windows applications.
- If installing version 7.77 or higher on a Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 server, then you must install IIS Roles prior to installing NetClassroom. Refer to How to Install Internet Information Services 7 for use with Faculty Access for the Web and NetClassroom on a Windows 2008 Server or How to install Internet Information Services 8 or 8.5 for use with Faculty Access for the Web and NetClassroom on a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 server.
- Ensure the appropriate NTFS permissions are set.
- If updating an existing installation running a version below 7.60 , you must first uninstall the previous version of NetClassroom from the Web server first. Then proceed with the installation of the latest version.
- If you are installing NetClassroom on a Windows 2003 server, refer to What additional configuration is necessary for IIS on a Windows Server 2003 Web Server? after installing NetClassroom.
- Download the latest update from the website. The download can be used to update an existing installation or to install a new Web server for use with The Education Edge database.
- To install NetClassroom, browse to extracted download folder and double-click Setup.exe. If using a CD, insert it into your CD-ROM drive and follow the prompts to complete the installation wizard.
- Download the Installation File
- Update/Install the Web Server