Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
NOTE: If you interface with Blackbaud's General Ledger or another accounting package, you may still run the Unpost Gifts plug-in to globally change the Post Status from Posted to Not Posted. However, gifts with a post status of Not Posted are included the next time gifts are posted to the General Ledger in Administration. If you post to an accounting package, this could cause duplicate entries in the accounting package. The Not Posted status of the gifts can be globally changed to Do Not Post after this plug-in is run if needed.
Note: Read all of the following instructions before running the plug-in. If your organization is hosted by Blackbaud Hosting Services, the plug-in is already installed. Begin on Step 7 and refer to How to run a plug-in in the hosted environment.
- Log in to the workstation as a local administrator.
- Download the appropriate plug-in for your version of The Raiser's Edge:
- Save the file to the local hard drive of any workstation with The Raiser's Edge installed.
- Right-click the file > Extract all...
- When prompted, unzip the files into the \Plugins folder on the workstation. (The default path is C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Raisers Edge 7\Plugins.) The file is a self-extracting zip file which contains dobUnPostGifts.vbd and UnPostGifts.DLL.
- Register UnPostGifts.DLL on the workstation.
- Have all other users exit and sign out of The Raiser's Edge.
- Log into The Raiser's Edge.
- Create a static Gift Query of gifts to unpost.
- Click Plug-Ins from the navigation bar. The Plug-Ins screen appears. Select the UnPost Gifts plug-in.
- In the Search using query field, click the binoculars to search for and select the query above. Typing in the name of the query will NOT suffice. It must be searched and selected through the binoculars.
- Important: If no query is selected, the utility will reset the Post status of ALL 'Posted' gifts to 'Not Posted'.
- Follow the prompts.