Paypal offers additional Fraud Protection Services to clients using their Payflow Pro payment gateway. When you set up your Payflow Pro account with PayPal, you can also select supplemental fraud filters to use with your merchant account at an additional cost.
Payflow Pro Fraud Filters
PayPal charges an additional cost for the use of these fraud filters. Blackbaud NetCommunity supports most of these fraud filters, but require a filter action of Reject be selected. Luminate Online also supports these filters.
Special considerations when using Payflow Pro Fraud Protection:
- If you select a filter action of "Review" when you set up your PayPal account, you can select to manually process transactions. If you manually process transactions, Blackbaud NetCommunity does not know whether the transaction has been accepted and cannot store its information or pass its data to The Raiser's Edge or Blackbaud Enterprise CRM. If a fraud filter rejects a transaction, the message Declined by Fraud Filter appears.
- Luminate Online is not compatible with the “Review” setting for fraud protection. If you enable any type of Fraud protection it must be set to “Reject” because all transactions flagged for fraud will be considered declined by Luminate Online.
- If you are using the Facebook Fundraiser/TeamRaiser integration you must whitelist the IP addresses associated with this integration. Please contact support for these IP addresses.
- International Order Filters: Blackbaud NetCommunity supports the International Shipping/Billing Address, International AVS, Country Risk List Match, and International IP Address filters. To use these filters, you must select a filter action of Reject.
- High-Risk Address Filters: Blackbaud NetCommunity supports the ZIP Risk List Match, Email Service Provider Risk List Match, Freight Forwarder Match, United States Postal Service (USPS) Address Validation Failure, IP Address Risk List Match, Geo-Location Failure, and IP Address Velocity filters. To use these filters, you must select a filter action of Reject.
- Automatic Acceptance Filters: Blackbaud NetCommunity supports both the Total Purchase Price Floor and Good Lists filters. You can edit the Good Account and Good Email lists used with your PayPal account.
- Unusual Order Filters: Blackbaud NetCommunity supports the Total Purchase Price Ceiling, Total Item Ceiling, Shipping/Billing Mismatch, and Product Watch List filters. To use these filters, you must select a filter action of Reject.
- High-Risk Customer Filters: Blackbaud NetCommunity supports the Bad Lists filter. You can edit the Bad Account and Bad Email lists used with your PayPal account. To use this filter, you must select a filter action of Reject.
- High-Risk Payment Filters: Blackbaud NetCommunity supports the AVS Failure, CSC Failure, Bank Identification Number (BIN) Risk List Match, and Account Number Velocity filters. To use these filters, you must select a filter action of Reject.
Note: A risk list match filter uses a list managed by PayPal. You cannot edit the lists used by these filters. For example, you cannot add a bank identification number to a BIN Risk List Match filter.
For information about the PayFlow Pro filters provided by PayPal's Fraud Protection Services, visit PayPal's website.