The Reciprocate All Relationships plug-in reciprocates all unreciprocated relationships in the database.
If your software is hosted through Blackbaud Hosting Services, refer to How to run a plug-in in a hosted environment.
Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
Note: Read all of the following instructions before running the plug-in.
- Log in to the workstation as a local administrator
- Download the appropriate plug-in for your version of The Raiser's Edge:
- ReciprocateAllRelationships_771.exe: Versions 7.71 - 7.96
- Save ReciprocateAllRelationships_771.exe to the local hard drive of any workstation with The Raiser's Edge installed
- Double-click ReciprocateAllRelationships_771.exe
- When prompted, unzip the files into the Plugins folder on the workstation. (The default path is C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Raisers Edge 7\Plugins.) The EXE file is a self-extracting zip file which contains dobRecipAllRels.vbd and ReciprocateAllRelationships.dll.
- Register ReciprocateAllRelationships.dll on the workstation
- Have all other users exit and sign out of The Raiser's Edge
- Log into The Raiser's Edge
- Click Plug-Ins from the navigation bar. The Plug-Ins screen appears.
- Click the Reciprocate All Relationships link
- Follow the prompts
- The plugin creates a log file called Reciprocate All Relationships.log in the Raiser's Edge 7 folder (default location C:\Program Files (x86)\Blackbaud\The Raisers Edge 7\).
If the plugin fails with error: Run-time error '0', open the log file from step 12 to see which relationships were being reciprocated when it failed. For example, the final line of the utility may read as follows:
1/16/2018 1:31:41 PM : reciprocating relationship 449 between con 498 and rel 576
In this example, the numeric values of the relationships and constituent records represent their System Record IDs, which can be included in a query. Then those relationships can either be manually reciprocated, deleted, or edited as needed.