Note: Consecutive giving years include the current year. If you do not want to exclude anyone who has not given this year, Adjust the date filter to end at the end of the last year.
- Click Administration > Smart Fields
- Click the arrow beside the Consecutive Giving Years smart field
- Click Process Smart Field. You may also want to consider adding a Job Schedule so that your smart field is always up to date.
- Review the information on a constituent record or in the default query named, Constituents with Consecutive Giving Years, to make sure the data is correct.
- Click Analysis > Click Information Library
- Search for the query named Constituents with Consecutive Giving Years
- Click the arrow beside the query, and click Edit
- Click Preview Results
If needed, you can edit the default Smart Field:
- Edit the Consecutive Giving Years Smart field > Click the Parameters tab
- Mark the revenue types and applications/transaction types that should be included
- Enter a date range, if needed, or leave the dates blank to look at all years
- Note: By default consecutive giving years will look to the present date. If Constituents have not given in this calendar year and the end date is in this calendar year they will not pull. This is so that if someone gave in 2005 and 2006, in 2006 they would have given in 2 consecutive years. However, if they do not give again until 2011 and give every following year then the 2005 and 2006 information would not be counted.
- (Optional) Under Application Selection, you can narrow your smart field further using a Revenue Application query selection. For example, if you would like to only calculate donations to certain designations in your totals, you can create a selection of revenue to those designations only.
- Click Save
To read more about Smart Fields, see our Smart Fields Guide here.