Admins follow these steps to invite a user to access Blackbaud support, training, and community:
- Log into blackbaud.com and select the three horizontal lines from the solution menu on the left, then select Admin.
- From Users and admins, select Add user.
- Enter the name and email address.
- Click Send Invite.
Step 2. User Accepts Invitation
The new user will need to accept the invitation
- In the invitation email, click the link to Accept Invitation.
- Note: If you're already logged in with a different Blackbaud ID, use a different browser or incognito window to accept the invitation.
Step 3. User Creates Blackbaud ID Account
The user will create a Blackbaud ID account with their email address and confirm the account creation:
- In the Sign-in window, click the link to Create a new Blackbaud ID.
- Enter email and other required information for the new Blackbaud ID.
- A confirmation will be sent. In the confirmation email, click the Confirm Email link.
Step 4: User Confirms Link Between Blackbaud ID Account and Organization
The user links their newly-created Blackbaud ID to the organization that invited them back in Step 1.
- Confirm the correct organization and Blackbaud ID are displayed.
- If correct, select Use this ID.
- Receive a message that your email was successfully confirmed. Click the link to sign in with your Blackbaud ID.
Note: If steps 1-3 are followed, but you're unable to sign in successfully, return to the invite email and click Accept again before following step 4. In this case, the Admin may see that the invitation still shows as Invitation Sent in the user list.