- Log into the BBMS Web Portal
- Click Transactions > Transaction search
- Enter criteria to locate the transaction
- Click Search. If unable to locate the transaction in the results screen, click Return to search to attempt a new search with less criteria
- In the search results, click the ellipses next to the transaction
- Select Refund
- Populate the amount you would like to refund in the Refund amount field
- Click Refund. A notification will appear on the screen indicating the refund status.
- If applicable, adjust the transaction data in your Blackbaud software to reflect the refund. Refunding in the portal will not automatically update records in your database.
- For Direct debit refunds, only the full amount may be credited back.
In the event the Refund button is grayed out, ensure the user has proper permissions to issue a refund or refer to Refund option is missing when viewing transactions in Blackbaud Merchant Services (BBMS).
Note: Credit card refunds must be issued within 180 days from the date of the original transaction and can only be refunded to the original card. Please see Do refunds post to the same credit card number?